Upper deck of the @gotransitofficial double decker all to myself #GOtransit (at Grimsby Go Stop)
- THE WORKS OF EDGAR ALLEN POE: Here’s a link to all his stories and poems. His macabre and dark approach to writing has touched many across the globe
- THE WORKS OF H.P LOVECRAFT: Another gothic writer whose style is both suspenseful and vivid
- THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW: Another classic, beware of the headless horseman
- THE TURN OF THE SCREW: A tale about a governess who becomes convinced that she and her charges are being stalked by ghosts.
- THE MONKEY’S PAW: You probably have heard of this one. Be careful what you wish for.
- THE LOTTERY: It might not seem like a horror story, but once you realize what’s happening you will definitly be horrified. If you don’t understand here’s a site that will clear some things up
- WHERE ARE YOU GOING, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN: About a 15 year old girl’s encounter with a threatening but charismatic stranger. A popular dark tale.
- THE SIGNAL MAN: By Charles Dickon’s, a railroad worker tells the story of a ghost that seems to appear to him as a premonition of some horrible railway tragedy
- THE MORTAL IMMORTAL: Mary Shelley may have been known for Frankenstein, but here’s another dark tale by her. It’s the story of a man who wants to play God, but finds his sanity is the price
- THE WOMAN IN BLACK: You probably have heard of the movie, but read the classic story behind it. Whenever she is seen, a child dies.
BONUS: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier: I read this for my Gothic Literature class in high school. I loved it. A dark novel with plenty of twists to keep you on the edge.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Masterpost of Gothic Novels
Those people who constantly reblog your stuff but you never really talk:
I do notice my regulars. You guys are the best.
"Regulars" makes me feel like a bar-tender…
Wiping down my dash at the end of an evening, I see your read-more, over-hear your rant in the tags, so I pour you a drink.
"…what’s troubling you, kid?"
The eternal Idioteque conflict. I like how he mutters “faster” under his breath even while singing, during this particular performance. :D
official Idioteque lyrics:
who’s in the bunker?/who’s in the bunker?/ faster jonny I have seen too much / I haven’t seen enough/ faster! you haven’t seen it/ I’ll laugh until my head comes off FASTER!! / women and children first come on jon